VistaPE (WinPE2) and VMWare issue?

Jazkal

When I boot up VistaPE (WinPE2) on VMWare, we see the bar for loading files. It gets all the way across the bottom of the screen and then reboots the VM.

The VM has 512mb of RAM. Have tried on both IDE and SCSI. Have all the VMWare Tool drivers loading in PE.

Anyone have this working with out issues?

I have tested this on VMWare 5.x, 6.00 and 6.01

PE version I've tested with: VistaPE Current, Longhorn Beta 3, Longhorn RC0

I removed all components from the VM except Hard drive, RAM (512), Nic, And CPU (1 and 2). Still having the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

After looking all over the internet, it seems this is a known issue with VMWare. As of today, there is no fix. (well besides using WinPE v1.6 anyway)

Edited by Jazkal

What are you adding to you PE 2 cd? I've made 5 or 6 different version of it and tested all of them in VMWare 6+ without a problem except needing to assign 384mb of memory or more when needing to use diskpart. This just seems weird that it would work for some people and not for others.

I've tracked it down to the latest builds of Longhorn WinPE.

The VistaPE that anyone can download works fine with vmware. But the versions that come with Beta3 longhorn doesn't work. I'm going to track down all the multiple versions come Monday and find out what versions work/don't work.