Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

jvbeardsley

Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007

I'm looking for a way to do an unattended install for Live Meeting 2007. Its going to be pushed out via SMS. Any ideas?

The application name is LMsetup.exe and I've tried /q, /quiet, and even /? just to get a list of optional switches and nothing happens.

If you have any info, please let me know.

Thanks!

Hi,

You can deploy the Live Meeting 2007 client by using your organization’s preferred deployment method such as SMS, an Active Directory Domain Services Group Policy, a scripted deployment or any other third-party software that supports .msi-based deployment. But first you need to extract the installer package (.msi)

1.Copy the file LMSetup.exe, EASetup.exe and LPSetup.exe to a folder on your local hard disk.

2.Open a command prompt window.

3.Change the directory to the folder to which you copied the exe.

4.Type the following command at the command prompt to extract the LMConsole.msi file.

LMSetup.exe –out <drive>:\<folder path>

If you want to install the meeting client silently, you can use the /qn switch and type the following command:

Msiexec /qn /I LMConsole.msi

Note that on Windows Vista the .msi will not work correctly unless the user runs the installer with administrator privileges.

For more information, please see:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc507089.aspx

Hope this will help you

Jennifer