Why is this happening!

Evanhoe

Hi Soporific,

When I try to install either,MS Virtual PC 2004 or 2007 I get this Message:

post-132754-1190116250_thumb.jpg

I was wondering whether this is due to my installing Win 98 UBCD back in June,along with the July update?

I'm trying to learn about creating and using Batch Files etc...and I don't want to screw up our Win 98 OS,so

I want to practice on a Virtual PC.So if this problem is created by Win98UBCD,how do you suggest I fix this?Thanks for any advice.

VAN

Hi Soporific,

When I try to install either,MS Virtual PC 2004 or 2007 I get this Message:

post-132754-1190116250_thumb.jpg

I was wondering whether this is due to my installing Win 98 UBCD back in June,along with the July update?

I'm trying to learn about creating and using Batch Files etc...and I don't want to screw up our Win 98 OS,so

I want to practice on a Virtual PC.So if this problem is created by Win98UBCD,how do you suggest I fix this?Thanks for any advice.

VAN

Well, i'm sort of glad i checked this post out because, lo and behold, there's a message to 'lil old me! :hello:

This question seems to relate to UBCD, so it would have been better posted there. Yeah, and AFAIK Virtual PC doesn't work on Win98, which OS are you trying to use it on?

v2004: Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4; Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition (32-bit x86); Windows XP Service Pack 2

v2007: Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition (32-bit x86); Windows Server 2003, Standard x64 Edition; Windows Vista Business; Windows Vista Business 64-bit edition; Windows Vista Enterprise; Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition; Windows Vista Ultimate; Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition; Windows XP Professional Edition ; Windows XP Professional x64 Edition ; Windows XP Tablet PC Edition

Have a look at this topic maybe van :

http://www.msfn.org/board/QEMU_98_ME_dummies_t61389.html

A half baked and probably outdated tut I wrote about Qemu some time ago.

win9x runs nicely under win9x with it.

Hi Eidenk,

Thanks for the suggestion.I checked it out and,I'm afraid that,it's too involved for me.I decided to go with this Tutorial I just found at Allenwarecom which might be better suited for my limited knowledge of this type of endeavour.Thanks again.

VAN