Bizarre Outlook 2k3 issue ...

nloding

If someone has any thoughts on this, please let me know. I'm stumped, can't find anything online ...

This only happens when you're creating a message (replying, forwarding, or creating new). The Tools menu doesn't drop down -- it highlights just as the other menu's do, but nothing drops down. I've reset all the menu's, I've run a Detect & Repair, I've repaired the install, I've run a chkdsk (now I'm reaching) ... I'm down to uninstalling and reinstalling the program, but if a repair didn't work and knowing my previous experiences with Office, neither will an uninstall. Which leaves formatting the box, which seems ridiculous.

I cannot replicate it on another PC. If you remove all options from the menu, a small box still appears beneath the word "Tools", but not so on the affected PC. It just highlights orange-ish and nothing appears below it. All other menu's work fine. I also thought that there might be a toolbar conflict, but there are no add-ons installed. I also disabled Word 2003 as the editor just in case.

I'm lost. Anyone have any thoughts??

EDIT: I totally posted this in the wrong forum before, sorry!

Edited by nloding