Silent install help please ?

Cti

Hi,

I found some good info on how to make silent installers and such, but what I am looking to do is make a installer which can install a few apps

example

Batt Check

Image Filter

Zoom

etc ( I have 13 which need to be installed )

Each one of those folder has the needed files, they are all installshields and have the setup.iss in each folder. I found these two pages HERE and HERE which has some usefull information.

If anyone could help me here I am a little stuck

It's simple.

You need a .cmd file like this:

@echo off

start /wait firstapp.exe /s /sms

start /wait secondapp.exe /s /sms

exit

But first run every program with switch /r and copy result file setup.iss from %windir% in the same folder with setup.exe. Then build an installer with 7zsfx with .cmd file as executable after extraction.

The bad thing is that your applications will be installed in the same locations e.g. C:\Program Files\App Name\

not in %programfiles&\App Name\ (usefull when Windows is installed on other disk then C).

Thank you

I do have another question, how would I make a silent installer for this, it is a driver

when I unpack I get 4 files

Install.exe ( says install program for windows 2000 drivers )

yk51x86.cat

yk51x86.inf

yk51x86.sys

Now when I run Install.exe a CMD window flashes quick, I am not sure if this installs the driver because it is already installed, I also tried Install.exe /? it says usage:install <INF_File> <Hardware_ID>

Really I just need to know does the install.exe install the driver ?

Thanks

Thank you

I do have another question, how would I make a silent installer for this, it is a driver

when I unpack I get 4 files

Install.exe ( says install program for windows 2000 drivers )

yk51x86.cat

yk51x86.inf

yk51x86.sys

Now when I run Install.exe a CMD window flashes quick, I am not sure if this installs the driver because it is already installed, I also tried Install.exe /? it says usage:install <INF_File> <Hardware_ID>

Really I just need to know does the install.exe install the driver ?

Thanks

It's simple. Uninstall that driver and then double click on Install.exe.

For Marvell Yukon driver you can find new installer which support silent installation on their site.

Edited by radix