Kaspersky NTFS streams

Kashim

I know the latest versions of Kaspersky Antivirus no longer add extra NTFS streams to the file system, but a while back I was using a version which did. During uninstall it asked me if those NTFS streams should be removed, but because it showed me some ridiculous time estimate (18+ hours) I chose no. Now I'm wondering if there is tons and tons of hidden junk attached to all my files and how to remove it. I got a program from Microsoft's website that's supposed to show me those extra NTFS streams, but it says none of my files on any of my disks have it. I doubt they magically disappeared on their own. I'm guessing they're just well hidden. Does anyone know how I can get rid of them? There's nothing about this on Kaspersky's official site and version which caused the problem has long since expired. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

[edit] Oops, there *is* a solution on Kaspersky's website, I was just looking in the wrong place. http://www.kaspersky.com/faq?qid=170884737

Unfortunately the utility given on that page does not work for me. It shows there are tens of thousands of files with the extra streams, but it will not remove them. I run the command "KLStreamRemover.exe -r" just as the article suggests and the program scans through all folders and gives me this:

Total streams found 58655, w/o stream 703

Then I run ""KLStreamRemover.exe -i" which is supposed to give me information about the streams and it says the same thing as above. Meaning, none of the streams have actually been removed.

Edited by Kashim