Anybody has instructions on how to read MPSreports?

ihatespam

kind of right, but the problem is that reading all those files looking for a reason of the crash or failure is not easy, there are a lot of files into the resulting cab file and if you want to look for the problem you have to be able to understand what you are looking into those files, not an easy task for a mortal like me.

All I need is to know if there is an application or if I have to look for an specific work or text that will take me to where the problem is being reported.

Thank you

Kind of right? I used to work for microsoft, i sent mps reports hundreds of times and became good at using it to troubleshoot issues. It all depends on your issue. MPS reports is good for showing what 3rd party software is installed on the computer and what is hooking into processes such as explorer, but again it all depends on the issue. Some of the log files are in .csv format, so you just open it in office and filter it.

-gosh

Ok, I ran this ones:

MPSRPT_DirSvc.EXE

MPSRPT_NETWORK.EXE

MPSRPT_SETUPPerf.EXE

Where should I look? If I want to know why my domains are not replicating?

of course I ran this into my domains, which are Win2003 SP2, both.

Thank you

Ok, I ran this ones:

MPSRPT_DirSvc.EXE

MPSRPT_NETWORK.EXE

MPSRPT_SETUPPerf.EXE

Where should I look? If I want to know why my domains are not replicating?

of course I ran this into my domains, which are Win2003 SP2, both.

Thank you

MPS Reports gather logs and empirical data about the system, and as such I'd start with reading from the DirSvc MPS report on the event logs and such, but for your scenario replmon is probably a better tool to be troubleshooting with.