Problems with unattended Office 2003!

FeFFe

Hi guys! I got a problem with my Office 2003 unattended installation.

I start to install WinXP (unattended) and when windows starts it first installs Adobe Reader 8.1 and it works great, but when it switches over to the Office 2003 this messagebox pops up..

Screenshot of my problem.

Anybody know what I could do?

And yes, i'm a newbie to the unattendedscene ;)

How did you create your Office '03 setup file?

I followed the instructions on this site and heres the code...

@ECHO OFF

cls

ECHO -Installing Office 2003 Professional

ECHO Please wait for the installation to finish, this may take several minutes.

ECHO.

ECHO NOTE: This window will close when the installation has finished.

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\office2003\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

ECHO.Done

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\office2003\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-

... so did you create a MST-file? It looks now like you simply copied the sentence quoted above, but you didn't seem to have made a transform file to use with the installation; you're calling on a transform file now then which does not exist ;) Let me know if you made a transform file.

... so did you create a MST-file? It looks now like you simply copied the sentence quoted above, but you didn't seem to have made a transform file to use with the installation; you're calling on a transform file now then which does not exist ;) Let me know if you made a transform file.

Jupp I did a MST file, with the Office Resource Kit or what the name was... Office Customize...:)

One thing to note, you should also download the EntSetup file from the m$ site too, and replace the setup.exe with it.

I noticed this is not mentioned in the tutorial.

According to M$ this setup file is needed to properly use the mst file in an administrative install package.

One thing to note, you should also download the EntSetup file from the m$ site too, and replace the setup.exe with it.

I noticed this is not mentioned in the tutorial.

According to M$ this setup file is needed to properly use the mst file in an administrative install package.

I didn't need it and by heart I even believe that I couldn't use it because it didn't recognise my Office 2003 version, which is a corporate release Professional Edition.