Downgrading from OEM Vista laptop back to XP!

sysbuilder

I may be wrong, but I don't think you can with an OEM license. I was thinking only corporate and possibly retail license allow this. Unless you have a very specific application incompatibility, don't turn your back on Vista without giving it a shot.

Thanks--I've got some users who are adamant on moving back to XP; However, I want to ensure that they can then turn around and use the Vista OEM license later on.

I know, I know. What's the point? Keeping them at bay and providing what they want.

Any other places in here where I should place this post?

Again, many thanks!

Only Business and Ultimate can be downgraded and your customer must already have the media and a valid XP product key.

Install using your customer's product key and activate by phone. Inform the rep that you are downgrading from Vista.

Actually OEM versions can be downgraded, but in order to do so you must send M$ the Vista key you are downgrading and they will send you a XP key and invalidate the Vista one. I have done this for a few pc's in my company that came with Vista Business preinstalled and users were not too keen on using it...