16-bit file: silent install

Gompedyret

Anyone know any good switches for installing my 16-bit scanner drivers? It's for Mustek 1200cu. The /silent switch makes it, well, silent, but it still asks to reboot in the end. /?, /noreboot and /norestart doesn't work.

Universal Switch Finder wouldn't give me any clues, either seems to be the case with google and this forum. Is there any "universal" switches that 16-bit programs can use which I have missed?

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know any good switches for installing my 16-bit scanner drivers? It's for Mustek 1200cu. The /silent switch makes it, well, silent, but it still asks to reboot in the end. /?, /noreboot and /norestart doesn't work.

Universal Switch Finder wouldn't give me any clues, either seems to be the case with google and this forum. Is there any "universal" switches that 16-bit programs can use which I have missed?

Post your driver somewhere (e.g. Rapidshare) if you still need help.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your offer, radix.

I had actually almost forgotten about this one until going through my old posts. So before uploading it I gave it a new try, and lo and behold, it seemed to work! Guess one has learned a thing or two by being in the game a couple of months. :-D

The trick was (at least seemingly, haven't verified it on a new install yet) to use the /s /v/qn switches, as it was an old InstallShield variation.

For the record, the scanner is a Mustek ScanExpress 1200CU, the filename is up_libv14.EXE and the info I found here.