ATI Radeon X1550 & Windows Vista

Vinnie

Hey

I've got an Asrock Nf3-Vsta motherboard, Sapphire Radeon X1550 (AGP 512Mb) Graphics Card. The card displays an image on the screen & stuff but every time I view properties about the adaptor it says something along the lines of device not found, and I think it reported a code 48 in device manager. I've reinstalled Vista, done updates, tried latest drivers & nothing works. Everytime CCC tries to start it says No ATI Hardware found.

Also as far as I can tell there are no N-Force drivers for this mobo in Vista. Is there any way of fixing it.

Oh Also it's Home Premium 32-bit.

Edited by Vinnie

Hey

I've got an Asrock Nf3-Vsta motherboard, Sapphire Radeon X1550 (AGP 512Mb) Graphics Card. The card displays an image on the screen & stuff but every time I view properties about the adaptor it says something along the lines of device not found, and I think it reported a code 48 in device manager. I've reinstalled Vista, done updates, tried latest drivers & nothing works. Everytime CCC tries to start it says No ATI Hardware found.

Also as far as I can tell there are no N-Force drivers for this mobo in Vista. Is there any way of fixing it.

Oh Also it's Home Premium 32-bit.

I had trouble when I installed the latest driver for my ATI Radeon X1650 in Vista, it caused display problems.

So I uninstalled the driver... I still managed to get Vista to reconginse it's a Radeon without going to ATI's website. I'm sorry I didn't make more effort to Jot down what I did.

When I first got the computer the card wasn't recognized as ATI, it was some default which I thought was weird, which is why the first thing I did was to go to ATI's website and get the driver only to end up worse off.

Acer Aspire E700

Vista Home Premium

Intel Quad Core

2030 MB Ram

32-Bit OS