Installing nLited XP on virtual machine

Anyone

Hi. I've used numerous nLited versions of my (Dell OEM XP Pro) disc for a long time, with no problems.

I just tried installing the nLited version onto a virtual machine (VirtualBox), to experiment with a few ideas. The intent was to have my regular nLited XP continue as the 'host' OS, and to install it on the 'guest' OS temporarily for experimentation purposes.

I have been unable to get the nLited XP to install on the virtual machine...it freezes at the blue 'setup' screen. It works fine on a regular install, but not on this 'virtual' install. Could this be caused if the OEM XP is BIOS-locked, and therefore the virtual (guest OS) will not accept it because it doesn't recognise the 'hardware'?? If so, is there a work around to enable the nLited XP to be installed on the virtual machine?

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions...

Could this be caused if the OEM XP is BIOS-locked
Very unlikely. Usually if the disk is 'BIOS-locked' it will not even start setup, will (in every case i've seen) display an 'error' stating that the disk was not made for this system. or something of that sort.

...otherwise, I have had no issues with OEM or Royalty OEM distros at all in VPC.

Thanks for the reply twig123. Yep, I remain puzzled as to what could be the issue. Have just tried installing the original OEM XP CD into the virtual machine, and that works fine. It's just the nLited version that doesn't work in the virtual setup. Also tried doing a new nLite, leaving in components that possibly could have affected it (e.g. the OOBE component, which I normally remove), and still no joy. Guess I'll keep going with the trial and error...