outlook 03: trouble setting email background color.

mr_malkovich

hey all...

i'm trying to set the background of an email message to black. with html formatting set, i went to Format - background and set it to black. then i sent it to my Yahoo email account to be sure it worked beforehand, and it did not. so i saw a site that told me to remove Word as the email editor and try it again, which i did to no avail. I read on yet another site about how body tags may be the answer, but i'm not sure what the exact code is, or where in the email to post it. can anyone help? thanks in advance...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, first off, using black as a background color is incredibly insensitive, and here's why:

My email application is set to default to black font. If I get an email from you, and hit reply, my text won't show up. Make sense?

Okay, so my thinking is that you're using either RTF format or HTML format and your Yahoo account is saying "no way am I showing this to you in html 'cause you won't be able to reply to it!"

Anyway, HTML uses body tags. Go to a page with a black background and you'll see an html tag that says:

<body bgcolor="#000000">

If your email application (Yahoo) doesn't use html, then it doesn't see the "background color is black" tag.