"Registry Unload Error"

awpd

I am getting errors with vLite that I cannot trace down. I have run vLite on 2 computers and they both report the same error. I have run vLite on a downloaded Vista.iso and on the SP1 beta *.ISO and on a Vista DVD and get the same error with all three. I am using vLite 1.1beta. I dropped back down to vLite 1.0 and I get the same errors. I have used some of the earlier versions of vLite and they worked successfully.

The error occurs just after I select the type of Vista I am working on [business, Ultimate, etc.].

"Registry Unload Error - Code: 18"

I select OK and then get:

"Registry Unload Error - Code: 0"

I select OK and then vLite seems to work as normal.

I proceed to make my custom settings and then click on Apply.

vLite then starts to work and then aborts with the following error:

"Error saving registry. - The system cannot find the file specified."

"Registry Unload Error - Code: 1400"

"Registry load error. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

At this point vLite crashes and stop responding.

To locate the problem I have tried the following tests:

I tried not integrating drivers. Still crashes.

I tried not using Components removal. Still crashes.

I tried not using Tweak. Still crashes.

I tried not using Unattended setup. Still crashes.

I think the problem is located with the first set of error messages when I select the version of Vista I am working on, but I do not know why it occurs on 2 different computers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry I took so long to get back, had to work some overtime at work.

I have rebooted the host system several times. The host system is a nLite version of XP. However, I have not had any other abnormal program operations on the Host PC.

The Vista is from a pure, unchanged Microsoft DVD. I also tried the Vista Service Pack 1 Beta and get the same error.

==========

I went to my roommates computer and was successful in running vLite on the Vista DVD. My roommates computer is also running a custom nLite version of XP that I installed for her.

I am unable to determine why vLite will crash on my PC, but run on my roommates PC. It seems like vLite is trying to read the registry of the Host PC instead of the Registry on the Vista image files.

Thanks anyways.