zBrush 2

Pyrii

Kind of old and redundant now with zBrush3 out (And .msi too!), but I couldn't find it on search so I thought I'd show how I got zBrush2 to silent install. Anyways:

Take your zBrush2.exe and extract it to a folder using your favorite multi-archive extractor (I used winrar), for the purpose of consistency I extracted to \zbrush2\.

Now go to \zbrush2\InstallerData\ and open Execute.zip. In this archive's root is a file InstallScript.iap_xml, open it in your usual text editor.

Now look for the section as such:

<property name="supportsConsoleUI">
<boolean>false</boolean>
</property>
<property name="supportsSilentUI">
<boolean>false</boolean>
</property>

And change both values to true as such:

<property name="supportsConsoleUI">
<boolean>true</boolean>
</property>
<property name="supportsSilentUI">
<boolean>true</boolean>
</property>

Save your file and put it back into Execute.zip, overwriting/replacing the version already in there, extract it again and open it to check if you need to.

Now your installer has silent mode enabled, so you can install via the following commands:

REG ADD %KEY%\017 /VE /D "zBrush 2" /F

REG ADD %KEY%\017 /V 1 /D "%LOC%\zbrush2\Windows\ZInstaller.exe -i silent" /F

REG ADD %KEY%\017 /V 2 /D "XCOPY %LOC%\zbrush2\zBrush2.lnk \"%PROGRAMFILES%\Pixologic\ZBrush2\zBrush2.lnk\" /Y /R /Q /H" /F

(The last line I added because I use start menu favorite entries to run programs and zbrush needs to have default folder set the folder it's in or it won't run properly)

Anyways, hope it helps

Edited by Pyrii