Windows 2X

Sliver X

Hello,

I've used nLite for several years on my Windows 2000 installs, to much success. I was also the primary IT technician for a college which had an exclusive 2000 infrastructure.

However, the home PC I've just put together uses a Core 2 Duo and other recent components, and 2000 just doesn't perform like it should. So I've bitten the bullet and purchased a copy of Windows XP Professional.

So I have a question: What all was added to XP since 2000? I know of System Restore, UPnP, Themes, etc, but I'd like to rip out everything that *wasn't* in Windows 2000 so I can basically just benefit from the newer kernel XP provides.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Newer version of Internet Explorer, DirectX, WMP, MSN, support for more hardware (including much better multi-processor support), the prefetcher, windows security center + firewall. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Edited by I_Broke_My_MHZ

Run nLite on a 2000 source and check off everything for removal. Then do the same for the XP source. Compare each Last_Session.ini for differences. You can save the session and rename it as soon as you check off the boxes, with the options at the bottom.