help understanding this lines to recover from hidden partition

lloco73

please help me understand this

Nowadays all laptops come with a hidden partition. we must do a backup to dvd's in case anything goes wrong.

i deleted my hidden partition and tried to recreate it with files from the recover dvd's.

i copied all the dvd's content to a small partition and make it hidden but when i boot it its says no cd inserted.

how can i change it to boot from the hidden partition there are several files but i think this cd2d.cmd and cd2d.txt are the ones that control the recovery.

cd2d.cmd

@ECHO OFF
ECHO Prepare Acer system partition
ECHO Please wait for several seconds.
DISKPART /S X:\CD2D.TXT >>nul
ECHO ON

cd2d.txt

SELECT DISK 0
SELECT PARTITION 1
DELETE PARTITION NOERR
SELECT PARTITION 1
DELETE PARTITION NOERR
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY NOERR
ASSIGN LETTER=D NOERR
EXIT

there are other files but for now how can i make from this files to boot from the hidden partition?

Well, as far as I understand two files you are providing are not very usefull for recovering from HDD. They are for partitioning purposes (delete/creat partitions). There is a topic in Unattended section about recovery partition, look for it ;)

Edited by Oleg_II

Well, as far as I understand two files you are providing are not very usefull for recovering from HDD. They are for partitioning purposes (delete/creat partitions). There is a topic in Unattended section about recovery partition, look for it ;)

thanks