[HELP]:WinPE installed on a USB Stick

GTOOOOOH

I have read topics for DAYS on this, and can't find one that works? I have a WinPE image I wish to use already, not BartPE. I tried the PE2USB.EXE, but it failed asking for a biosinfo file in a temporary Windows location... I couldn't find a solution to this. So, I tried the WAIK guide... my WinPE doesn't even show my USB stick installed, so I can't format it within PE... so I formatted it in WinXP, and tried the bootsect /nt60 command... it said it worked, but the UFD just says Disk Error when I try and boot it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Holy hell pants I finally got it...

Ok... so for those like me that have read 100 guides with zero results, here is the super easy way that finally worked for me.

Install the WAIK that has PE 2.0

Format your UFD as FAT32

Copy the SETUPLDR.BIN and NTDETECT.COM from an XP CD's \i386 directory to your UFD root.

Rename SETUPLDR.BIN to NTLDR without any extension.

From the Windows PE Tools Command Prompt shortcut, change directory to x86, so cd x86 then run bootsect /nt60 x: where x: is the drive letter of your ufd.

Then run the following xcopy c:\winpe\iso\*.* /s /e /f x:\ where the c:\directory and x:\ are the locations of your pe install, and x: is your ufd.

That should make WinPE 2, work on your UFD.

• 2 weeks later...