Attachments

BNeLLi531

Ok, i am running Outlook 2003 for work, so i get a lot of emails with attachments. Everything seems fine, except when i go to open an email that has an attachment on it. It takes sometimes 30 seconds to bring up the email with the attachment. I am guessing that this is because the attachment is stored on the email server, but i was wondering if there is a way to force outlook to download my attachments to my hard drive, instead of just letting them sit on the network. Or if someone has a better idea of how to fix this rather annoying problem. I just want to be able to click on an email and have it come right up, attachment or not.

Thanks,

Brad

You can change your mail storage location to a .pst (personal folder) on your local drive. That will download all of your mail off of the server. You will likely still experience the delay the first time you open a message, but not as much after that.

Please note that your mail will all be lost if your workstation dies. It is much safer to leave your data on the server where the admins can protect it better.