$OEM$ directories

I been looking for an answer to this for a while now. I think I even dropped a post in here a couple days ago. However, I'm not sure I had it in the right spot. That may be while I've not heard anything.

Nonetheless, I have an $OEM$ directory with $$ & $! directories within it. These are used to copy a couple files to their respected directories. I used the info @ this link http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/18/ to help me this far. So far everything works and things get dumped where I want them to.

I wish to dump something on the desktop. According to the page mentioned above, I should be able to use:

$oem$\$docs\all users\desktop

This looks good, right? Well, when I try it, it doesn't work. Well, it works...kinda. It copies the data in that folder to %SystemDrive%\All_Users\Desktop. Note the underscore. So, it copies the data but it doesn't place it where I thought it should. Any ideas?

you can use a $$rename.txt file

-gosh

Everything I've seen regarding this file, suggests it used renaming files only. It says I have to use short files names and I can't even get the folder to take the typical short filename format...

alluse~1

Furthermore, if I can indeed use this file to rename directories, will it rename my folder and overwrite the existing one? Remeber...

%systemdrive%\documents and settings\all users\desktop

will already exist.