Two more updates!

Root Certificates Update

Update for .NET Framework 3.0: x86 (KB932471)

I'm almost done with my unattended xp cd, all that's left are these two updates on WU. I can't get them to work. I tried integrating the Roots Certificate Update with nLite, and it seemed to have worked, but it still showed up on WU. As for KB932471, I can't even find the installer.

I'm using WPI, btw.

the Roots Certificate Update installer was

rootsupd_2d9aeb49ce7e2e7ff250159c4e5b291104eef90c.exe

in case you're interested.

ah, apparently i do have KB932471, and i installed it after dotnetaio.exe with the /q switch, but apparently it didn't work (although the two other post-dotnetaio.exe updates did).

Can somebody please help? I tried Root Certificates Update again, by extracting it and running updroots.exe with all the .sst files, but that didn't work either. I just need these two updates to work! Does anyone have any ideas?

alright I got that working.

Now I just need to find out how to install the Root Certificates Update. I've tried everything, and it still shows up in WU. I'm out of ideas, does anyone here now how to install this thing?

I use HFSLIP to slipstreamer my hotfixes in Windows, include new Root Certificates Update.

To update .NET Framework 3.0 x86 with KB932471 I use SNM (search at Application Install) to create my own switcheless installer.

0d

You're using the old roots update for XP/2K3. Get the new one for XP/2K3 here.

Thanks, I'll try integrating that with nLite and see if it works.

BTW, how do you find these packages? I thought I searched every single page on the internet that had the words "Root Certificates Update" on it, but I couldn't find the right installer package.