Making 3 Installs, I Have Questions On The Options

MyDisplayName

i am making 3 nLited Windows installations. 1 is XP Media Center Edition, and 2 are XP Pro. the MCE and 1 Pro is for a desktop, and the 2nd Pro is for a laptop. i planned on making a base installation, removing everything that none of the 3 need, and then customize the base 3 times to suit each installation. so i made a base install from XP Pro and used that .ini to make a base for MCE becuase i figured they might be a little different.

i have a few questions. is there a place where i can find more documentation on the different options? something more in depth than what is in nLite? there were some things i had questions on but if there is already a topic explaining that, i dont want to waste anyone's time. but if not i will ask some more questions.

sorry to double post but ive got a lot of questions here, and im trying to organize it and generalize them to make it easier on you guys. so heres the most general ones and ill ask specifics later when i have more time.

first things first is compatibility

what is NT Backup | Volume Shadow Copy or how do i determine if i need it?

about drivers, i can just delete all of them and then install my own, correct? like cameras/camcorders will be replaced by my Canon/Sony drivers, display will be replaced by nvidia, wireless ethernet by Linksys, etc? but i have a ThinkPad so i think i need "Display Adapters (old)" but will i need "IBM PS/2 TrackPoint" or "IBM Thinkpad" or both?

for hardware support, if im not sure should i remove it or keep it?

for multimedia, what exactly is "Images and Backgrounds" and it sounds like something XPize would replace, is it? also is it ok to remove the Intel Indeo codecs if you add them back in with K-Lite Mega Codec Pack, or could there be compatibility issues?

under network, im not sure if this is relevant or not but i have Vonage. is there anything i need to make sure i keep in order to keep Vonage working?

OS options, again should i remove or keep if im not sure?

also, is there a preferred way to test (VirtualPC or VMWare) or one that runs better than the other?

Edited by MyDisplayName