Ignore Cd on reboot

Fireside

I've seen some cds be able to do this and i was wondering if anyone knows how to make a cd tell the bios to ignore it on reboot. The cds i'm refering to seem to be able to tell the bios that on reboot don't even try to boot to me so when the machine reboots it blows right past the cd and straight to the hard drive. And i don't mean that "Press any key to boot to cd..." thing.

Well I'm not sure that it would necessarily be a BIOS manipulation, simply bc there are so many different bios's that it would seem impractical to implement it that way. I would think more along the line of the cd boot loader checking for some type of setting change that would prevent it from loading the cd. Personally, I remove the "Press any key to load from cd..." and just eject the cd tray before I exit PE to ensure that it will not boot from cd again. Granted, all my hardware platforms are laptops so I don't have to worry about the tray closing.

Well I'm not sure that it would necessarily be a BIOS manipulation, simply bc there are so many different bios's that it would seem impractical to implement it that way. I would think more along the line of the cd boot loader checking for some type of setting change that would prevent it from loading the cd. Personally, I remove the "Press any key to load from cd..." and just eject the cd tray before I exit PE to ensure that it will not boot from cd again. Granted, all my hardware platforms are laptops so I don't have to worry about the tray closing.

Yeah we use ISO's on udrw usb keys so we can't exactly eject them. I remove the "boot from cd..." option thing too because we want it to boot the cd everytime except after the final process then we want it to reboot in to the OS we install on devices... its currently set up to need no user interaction except to remove the usb key before the final reboot but i'm trying to make it easier for out customers so it requires no interaction... I had an image that did almost what i wanted... It'd boot to the cd once then ignore it on boot until it was removed and reinserted but i want it to boot the cd multiple times then whne it done set that... but i don't know how i got that one cd to do that... apparently i did it on accident and i can't seem to duplicate it.