Very slow wireless internet

tubui

Hi.. Okay, I have this problem with very slow internet speed when my computer says its excellent.

I have a Linksys WUSB300N Wireless-N USB Network Adapter and like, the connection says its Very Good and 82% signal strength. Then when I load up IE or Firefox, its slow as heck! Like it barely loads.

So I refromated (cus I had other problems as well, virus, spyware, haven't used the comp for over a year)

I refromated, upgrade to SP2 and everything, and it still persists! I don't know whats going on but I've eliminated all problems, theres nothing on the computer, its fresh off, just formated windows. The adapter is fine cause I tested it on my laptop, same room, very good speed...

The internet is fine, all computers are working well.

I'm just so confused!! All drivers are installed, can someone suggest anything please?

I'm gonna call Linksys soon but its not their problem cause the adapter works fine, maybe its my computer settings, I don't know?

You did a good job answering most of the follow-up questions I would have asked--many people fail to realize that "Excellent" signal on wireless only refers to the connection to the router, and not Internet speed, but you've already stated that other computers on the network run fine, so that's not it...

Proxy settings on IE could do this, but since you stated that this is a fresh install I assume you haven't set up any Internet proxy settings?

Are you able to connect the laptop to a cabled ethernet connection to your router? If so, is Internet prefomance better using the LAN NIC vs. the wireless card? Do you have other wireless cards you can try? Any of these steps may help rule out and/or determine the point of failure.