wireless problems with Vista 64, ... no problem with xp64

Stead

Just re-writing this thread so its a bit smaller (was way to big last time)

basically i Have a problem in 64 vista that my wireless card no longer works after upgrading to 3 gig of ram, I thought before it was due to an update on windows, but after a lot of testing i've realised I have trouble with having more than 2 gig of ram, same problems on two different machines, one with a intel 945p and another with an intel 975 chipset, both computers fine with xp64 but both havethe same issues with the same wireless card having a code 10 error after installing more than 2 gig of memory.

Does anyone know of any updates that would fix this? i've tried looking around and can't find anything, its just really annoying as xp64 seems to work perfect, vista has lots of conflicting devices in device manager (even with just the 2 gig in)

also I'd forgotten how fast xp64 is compared to vista, apart from the interface everything seems faster, I seem to of gotten addicted to the aero + glass affects tho and feel xp is ugly in comparasion now! :angry:

Edited by Stead

for temp measures until its sorted i've just set msconfig to use only 2048mb of ram, not the best fix but dual booting and at least i can check for updates and things now!