Can I use the CHOICE command in a batch file called by a RunOnce entry

Hello,

I have been trying to create an Unattended DVD for Windows XP Pro to help my employer install a bunch of PCs.

Throughout my research, I have read a great deal on this forum and I have found many answers to my many questions on here.

However now I seem to be stuck with a problem.

We have a final batch file setting up various things. This file is to be used on three different types of PCs, which requires the user to interact with the script. This is done by extensive use of the CHOICE command all over the script. The script works fine if I start it manually. However when I write it into the RunOnce folder of the Windows Registry via the RunOnceEx.cmd file in the DVD's $OEM$-dir, the batch file doesn't execute properly. It gets started and then just displays the first part (everything up until the first CHOICE command) in an endless loop. There is a DELAY command in the script above the CHOICE command, it gets ignored too. Both work fine if the script is started via a double click.

Putting a link to the script in the "Startup" folder produces the same error, regardless of how I call the batch file. I tried it with both a simple "batch.cmd" and a more sophisticated "start "" /wait "batch.cmd"".

What am I doing wrong??

Do you guys have any suggestions?

This is the last major bug in my DVD, and it's driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance,

mf_2

Edited by mf_2