Bug installing windows XP pro on VMWARE!

superking200

hi

i using nlite 1.35 and to make an anattended windows installation, i've integrate :

- one microsoft windows installer 3.1 hotfix.

- 3 of my mainbord drivers

- removed some annoying windows program ( msn explorer, windows tour...)

-some registry tweaks

-anattended windows parameters

- didn't remove any service

-added an $oem$ directory with some stuffs

i used to do these step without ant problem, but yesterday i found a great problem to install this unattended windows on Vmware : the last windows installation process ( registering components ) hong around ( but the windows is still working and windows is displaying 12 mn to finilise the installation)

can someone help me to resolve this problem?

thanks in advance

Same problem here. During "registering components" at "14 minutes remaining" I see some dos prompt boxes flashing really fast. The only things I could read was "rspondr.exe"

Not only on vmware, but also got this during a real install.

I've used both an eth0 release as source and I also slipstreamed a XP CD myself with latest updates, and both hang at the same time.

Even when not removing anything, nor adding drivers, but just doing unattended, it hangs.

I also get those flashing command prompt screens during a non-edited install, but it doesn't hang...

Last_Session.ini

Edited by weeaboo

Same problem here. During "registering components" at "14 minutes remaining" I see some dos prompt boxes flashing really fast. The only things I could read was "rspondr.exe"

Not only on vmware, but also got this during a real install.

I've used both an eth0 release as source and I also slipstreamed a XP CD myself with latest updates, and both hang at the same time.

Even when not removing anything, nor adding drivers, but just doing unattended, it hangs.

I also get those flashing command prompt screens during a non-edited install, but it doesn't hang...

thanks

i've the same problem as u weeaboo please help us to find a solution!

thanks in advance

weeaboo, I tried your preset and there were no issues. But judging from your post it's not clean XP under which you're trying this so it's actually impossible for me to try it.

Try to make all those updates and unattended settings all at once, don't rerun twice. But that alone shouldn't be the cause, I'm more suspicious on those black popups you're saying, it's from something you add, an update pack or an addon.

Also try keeping DEP on Default even though OptIn is default.

I actually used it once.

Clean XP Corp

Manually slipstreamed sp2

Then used ryanvm's postupdate pack and made an iso (didnt integrate other update packs) and got the same hanging error as with the eth0 june release.

Weird thing is that is used to work like a charm. But since last month, it doesn't anymore

I also got the error "rootsupd.exe" not found during install once, even though the file was on the image (rootsup_ something)

hi

yesterday i copied a new clean xp directory, did some drivers intergrations, some tweakes, made the iso and it works ( i had always the pop up windows )...

weeaboo i recommand that u do the same procedure as me and be careful to not use an old ini file, just do all the steps manually and every things will be all right.

ciao

Edited by superking200