NT4 to Windows 2003 Migration

I've just done a Windows NT4 migration to a Windows 2003 Server migration that seemed to go quite well. The only huge issue is that I cannot join new computers to domain.co.uk but I can join them to the NetBIOS domain name. After lots and lots of investigating I have given up and removed the Windows 2003 server and promoted the old NT4 server back to the PDC. Since I don't have another 3 days to waste I am looking at doing a migration using ADMT v3. I think I can manage it but I have a question. You can move computer accounts to the new domain but how do the client workstations know they are now part of a new domain. Surly the PC's still look for DOMAIN rather than NEWDOMAIN?

Thanks before hand.

The workstations will automatically assume the extra name.

When I join to our domain I put in just DOMAIN and then once it's connected it says DOMAIN.local.

Make sure DHCP is supplying the proper domain too!

I've just done a Windows NT4 migration to a Windows 2003 Server migration that seemed to go quite well. The only huge issue is that I cannot join new computers to domain.co.uk but I can join them to the NetBIOS domain name. After lots and lots of investigating I have given up and removed the Windows 2003 server and promoted the old NT4 server back to the PDC. Since I don't have another 3 days to waste I am looking at doing a migration using ADMT v3. I think I can manage it but I have a question. You can move computer accounts to the new domain but how do the client workstations know they are now part of a new domain. Surly the PC's still look for DOMAIN rather than NEWDOMAIN?

Thanks before hand.

once you migrate the machines from the old domain to the new domain you will have to go to the machines and change their domain registration (unjoin them from the old domain and add them to the new domain)