i cannot ping the computer from other computer

abu ryan

Hi

I am working as computer support in my work and we have in our area more than building and using different subnet

But all of them under one domain

I have one computer when you try to ping from other building you will get request time out while the user can brows network also he cannot ping other accept who is in same building.

The other computer which is in same building are working normally an obtain ip address auto, also you can ping communicate in/out with other computer.

All computers getting IP address auto

What I did this?

1-remove and reinstall NIC card driver

2-then I uninstalled the protocol TCP/IP then reinstalled + flushdns this is cause that the computer getting new ip address

3-but the same no change

4-reinstall sp2

5- rejoin computer but all these not solve the problem

In the last i used static ip address then the computer can ping any computer also you can access it from any other computer out the building

Now what is the reason for this computer not accepting any communication with other when using auto ip address?

And I can ping it and communicate with it one I used the static ip address

if you use an automatically assigned address does NSLOOKUP return the proper values when looking up the machine name and the IP address? Could be something with your DHCP/DNS server.

Could also have to do with routing tables on routers between buildings.