MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically.
Luky man....I cannot get it..the first part was perfectly ok but I cannot make the partition...in spite than all the connection are all right and I get perfectly the prompt.....but when I do F3 T>m0,2,2,0,0,0,0,22 I receive always the error, maybe if I change the circuit imprimed from a same DD...who knows !!! thank to listen me I forgot to mention that I used an external power supply to drive my 7200.11. I bought an Acomdata harddrive enclosure. It supports both SATA and PATA drives. I probably should have mentioned it in my costs but I forgot. It was my initial apporach to what I thought was a bad USB interface card to drive problem. It didn't seem to make a difference. I would encourage anybody using a separate power source to make sure they are grounded together. Let me also mention a follow up anomaly. I downloaded Sea tools to do a test of the drive. It "sees" the drive but it doesn't "see" the serial number or the firmware version. Also, I cannot run a short or long drive self test although I can run the short generic test and that passes. I don't want to risk the long generic test right now. Finally, I also had an instance where, when I had the drive in question plugged into the USB port, the computer wouldn't boot up. It would reach a certain point in the process and then do a hard fail (as though I had held the power button down for an extended time) and recycle back to start.
Just wanted to let readers know that I had the symptoms of the BSY problem on a Barracuda 7200.11 ST375033AS running FW SD35 (I say again SD35), MFR location China (WUXISG) ,Date Code 08311. I searched this and other threads several times for anyone who did a procedure on a 750 with the SD35 FW and wasn't able to find out if anyone was successful. I was successful but with some strange indications. When I ran the BSY fix, I got a "User Partition Format Successful - Elapsed Time 0 mins 00 secs" reply. I was afraid I had moved on to a 0GB problem then, but I connected the drive and all the data was visible and I could (and did) copy it off to another drive. My total expense was $3.05 ($3 for the torx screwdriver and $0.05 net for the cable and driver from a provider in LA. I have the same unit as mentioned above with the Red Blue and Orange wires. (red=TX, Blue=RX, Orange=GND). I'm a little non-plussed about what to do next. According to the Seagate Website, my unit wasn't affected and theoretically doesn't require a firmware upgrade. I'll have to look into that a bit more. I live in San Diego. If you're local and need some help, let me know. Many thanks to all who helped post this solution.