[RELEASE] Windows Media Center Edition Theme

EneergE

I just created an addon that will silently install the Media Center Theme during the Windows Installation. This is the certified Media Center theme. It will not require the UXETHEME hack.

Filename: Royale_nlite.cab

File size: 1.14mb

Date published: May 08, 2006

Requirements:

Nlite

Windows XP Theming Service

Notes:

- This theme will not be auto-applied. You will have to enable it in the "Display" properties.

-  If you change the theme to "Royale" it will affect the way menubars are drawn (I didn't like this). I recommend that you do NOT change the theme to Royale. I recommend going to the "Appearance" tab in Display properties and selecting "Media Center Style." This will skin everything just like the theme Royale would. You can change the desktop background to the Newbliss and it will be identical to the Royale theme without the menubar modifications.

Thanks,

Evan

Edited by EneergE

This file installs to C:\windows , so if you have a different structure, this file will not work correctly

To make your own CAB file for this theme, use WinRAR's SFX archive creator.

First, you will have to download the windows install version of the theme at www.eneerge.net.

Then you must extract the files within that installer to a directory (Open with WinRAR the exe installer and extract).

Then create a folder named "<your os' path>". This path is usually called "Windows" or "WinNT", etc. (It will have to be in a subdirectory, because if you try to create it at the ROOT directory, it will say the folder already exists)

Move the folders WinRAR extracted into this newly created folder.

After moving the extracted files into the newly created folder. right click on the created folder and select "Add to Archive" (WinRAR's)

Under the Archiving Options box on the General tab, make sure you tick "Create SFX archive" and "Make solid archive"

Go to the advanced tab and click on "SFX Options" button.

In the Path to Extract box, enter your root directory name. (EG C:\ or D:\ or F:\ and etc.)

Do not worry with "program to run after complete," UNLESS you would like to create a .bat script that will run after the installation (EG if you would like to add an option to Start Menu\Programs, you could create a Z.bat to include in the archive that will create an uninstaller and within that batch script use

"mkdir %USERPROFILE%/Start Menu/Programs/Royale/ "

"copy %CD:~0,3%/<your os's directory or you could just create a include new directory within your winrar archive and put its name here> <your uninstaller batchscript>"

etc etc. (You would have to create two batch scripts using this method - the uninstaller and the one that writes to the start menu).

Click "OK"

Click "OK" again to create the archive.

Use Cali's Addon Maker to generate the CAB file.

Include in nlite, you're done

Here's a few good variables you can use within a batch script:

%USERPROFILE% - returns the current profile directory (C:\Documents and Settings\<current user> or if you're like me and changed "Documents and Settings" to "Profiles" C:\Profiles\<current user>)

%ALLUSERSPROFILE - returns the ALL USERS profile (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users)

%CD% - returns the current directory (don't use this)

%CD:~0,3% - returns the current drive letter followed by :\ ( colon slash ). The colon ( : ) and the tilde (~) means to print from character 0 until character 3. you can use this in other variables as well.

These are the ones I used in my batch script.