Autologon.. all the time?

Ive spent the last few days learning about the finer parts of UaCD building, scripting, how things work... etc... since testing my new disk, my PC always seems to auto logon to my admin account.

I had set it to "autoadminlogon=2" in a reg file, so my account would logon rather than the defualt admin acccount, install stuff, reboot, and then logon again. However, it just keeps auto logging in....

Is this because the default admin account has never been activated/used, or do I need to change another setting I am simply overlooking???

Cheers

I had set it to "autoadminlogon=2" in a reg file, so my account would logon rather than the defualt admin acccount, install stuff, reboot, and then logon again.  However, it just keeps auto logging in....

http://unattended.msfn.org/intermediate/users.htm

I do not understand the value of 2 that you are setting? 0 = off , 1 = on.

The Autologon can be set by the Winnt.sif for the Administrator account. AutoLogonCount allows the Administrator to logon x amount of times.

If you want to set Autoadminlogon for a created user instead, then set it by a reg or cmd file as listed in the link supplied.

Autoadminlogon is a setting for continuous logons for the selected user.

References to Autologon for the Administrator account in Winnt.sif is different to Autoadminlogon for a user account.

I was using that...

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]"DefaultUserName"="John"

"DefaultPassword"="asdf1234"

"AutoAdminLogon"="1"

I just got a bit confused with the AutoAdminLogon=1, I thought this was telling the system to auto logon one time, so I changed it to 2, cos I wanted to logon, reboot and logon again automatically, and then go to logon screen on subsequent logins...

Is what I want to do possible??

Can I not have an wutologoncount for the above script, like the default admin account defined in the winnt.sif?

Cheers

[GuiUnattended]AutoLogon = Yes

AutoLogonCount = 2

This is for the default admin account... I had to chane the 'Yes' to 'No' to allow me to logon with my own admin account, so software/regtweaks are done under my username, and not the default admin account.

I have already created the necessary files to do so, I just needed to get the scripting right to allow the pc to login to my account on first bootup, install hotfixes, reboot and log back into my account, and install apps, cleanup etc, then reboot back to the login screen

You may need to reset AutoAdminLogon to 0 manually with another reg file, when finished with the account

This works fine, quite simple and abvious really.. Ive just been getting a bit bogged down and off track, and needed to be put back on it again...!!

All is working as I wanted it now.. thanks to you all!!!

Edited by drscouse