NIC driver for UA Text setup (Solution)

Xavierxray

:hello:

If you have tried to get drivers for your NIC and belive you have done everything right but it still fails to start the setup proccess after PXE has done it's bit.

This might be your salvation

After several weeks of stress, trying to figure out why my RIS server (running on 2003, deploying XP) stops and gives the famous "The selected image does not contain the required drivers" or what ever it says in english (remember, I use my own language :))

Anyho, I read and read on how to get drivers for different cards, I did as the posts around here say and was convinced I just didn't do it right.

But then I noticed a small note on MSFN where it suggested updating the drivers from Intel and Broadcom.

I went to the respective sites and downloaded the drivers for Intel PRO 100+ and 1000+ and for Broadcom.

I went back to my image catalog \reminst\setup\language\image\i386 and copied the updated drivers into this catalog, overwriting a 50kb files with a 152 kb file (among others) and VOILA!

Then I just had to update the drivers\nic respective files for after UA textsetup and now it works beautifully....for now ;)

This short message is for your convenience and my JOY! ;D