Changing Shell Icons

Scubar

i seem to be having a great deal of trouble replacing the Cd Drive icon. ive tried numerous programs that have all failed and even when i used res hacker and changed the shell32.dll the stupid ugly cd drive icon is still there instead of the one i want. all the other icons ive replaced work fine just not that one.

many thanks. in advance

Here's Mine :

;Drive Icons
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons\A]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons\A\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\windows\\Resources\\Icons\\A.ico"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons\C]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons\C\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\windows\\Resources\\Icons\\C.ico"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons\D]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons\D\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\windows\\Resources\\Icons\\D.ico"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons\E]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons\E\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\windows\\Resources\\Icons\\E.ico"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons\F]
@="C:\\windows\\Resources\\Icons\\F.ico"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons\F\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\windows\\Resources\\Icons\\F.ico"

;Folder Icon
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Icons]
"3"="C:\\WINDOWS\\Resources\\Icons\\Folder.ico"

Just Replace The Path and File Name .

Hope This Helps !

Edited by BlueMe