Visual Studio v6 with intergrate SP6

I am creating the first beta since I did this about 6 months ago.

Using a program called Araxis Merge to compare my slipstreamed files with the original file so I can create a SFX for everyone

Its ALOT bigger than i had first hoped as there are a few files that aren't actually updated included due to changes in the time stamps, going though the files one by one to remove them :blink: Hum that's only 470 to go now :wacko:

Copy CD1 to a hard drive and extract the exe to the same folder and over write the old files

Download BETA!

MD5 - 6A682DC9DE3CEBAE7E76605B9F40DF3F

Please not this is ONLY for Visual Studio NOT the individual components

7Zip has done a great job of compressing 237 MB (248,734,524 bytes) to 52.7 MB (55,326,436 bytes) (22% of original size)

Edited by codejunkie

the first time I tried it I just used the

@xcopy .\Extracted_SP6 .\CD1 /E/H/R/U /Y

and it wouldnt stop asking for the Office 2000 SR1 disk so I had to fine the locations for the new files. its stopped doing that now I added the extra entrys that refure to the extra file now.

I don't use VB6 very much now its more so for AutoRun files and quick apps, just coz I don't have to arse around with .NET's Framework

I will make an Exe that will do the combining, at the mo I'd rather get my Win Tweaker Compiler built so I can release a new version and have a website to go with it run from the compiler so tweaks can be added easily

I will also make a VS6 Shrinker too. this is very high up on my prioritys at the mo as my Unattended DVD is becoming a nightmere waiting for it to burn on to a DVD-RW disk and I now need 2 DVDs one for VS6-MSDN and VS71-MSDN

I will have a play with AutoIt3 today and release a VS6 Shrinker

• 3 months later...

Right I will post a SFX to update it, I dont have webspace so either if someone can provide a mirror that would be good the size of all the updated files comes to a total of 192MB Uncompressed.

Untill I create a script to do this its the only why i can think off that quick and easy for me and you.

Can be compressed to around 40MB smaller than the orignal SP6 update :o

• 4 weeks later...
please, i really need slipstream the sp into Visual Studio 6 help!!

I am creating the first beta since I did this about 6 months ago.

Using a program called Araxis Merge to compare my slipsteamed files with the orignal file so I can creat a SFX for everyone

Its ALOT bigger than i had first hopped as there are a few files that ar'nt actualy updated included due to changes in the time stamps, going though the files one by one to remove them :blink: Hum thats only 470 to go now :wacko:

Copy CD1 to a hard drive and extract the exe to the same folder and over write the old files

Download BETA!

Download BETA! Mirror #1 ALOT Faster!

7Zip has done a great job of compressing 237 MB (248,734,524 bytes) to 52.7 MB (55,326,436 bytes) (22% of original size)

My upload speed is 1Mbit (100:1)

Edited by codejunkie

dont see why not been using bit torrent alot and thats been eatting up alot of my bandwidth, also been having problems with Azreus > 2.2.0.3beta so I have swopped to G3 Torrent.

If I did you wernt the only person to download off my server even over 1GB Network I was struggling to get a single MB coz the P3 just couldnt take the abuse Azrues was giving it :?

Anyway what do you mean 2 days? its 52MB my friend just downloaded a 400MB File and took 12 hours, using download manger IE GetRight should get 20-30KB 120KB MAX

I will add the link to my first post when/if its up