Tired of getting the right files for your driver?

OCedHrt

I wrote a program that parses an inf file somewhat and finds the files referenced under SourceDisksFiles. I'm not sure how accurate that would be, but it copies the referenced files, inf, and cat to another directory.

It's a console program, but seems to require .NET. If anyone knows how to manipulate directories without using .NET or even Windows API please let me know XD.

Let me know about any problems. I only have so many drivers to test with, plus I'm not formatting any time soon. I really need someone to test install these and see if it gets all the needed files.

For those who don't want to install .NET, the 2 dlls below seems to be the ones it needs. I haven't actually tried this.

mscorlib.7z

mscoree.7z

Synatx: inf.exe driver.inf {dest}

dest defaults to Temp in the current directory.

Current features:

1. Maintains necessary directory structure.

Planned features:

1. Parse more than one inf at a time. Maybe something like all infs in given directory.

2. User interaction if no arguments on command line.

Edited by OCedHrt

So it does need .NET then? I think at most it only needs 1 dll file, but I can't test it because I do have .NET installed. The only part that may require .NET are calls to functions under SYSTEM::IO. I'm not too sure if that is under .NET since it is all new to me. It may just need mscorlib.dll. About 500kb compressed, I can send it if anyone is interested.

• 1 month later...