PRO Corp edition CD with SP2 slipstreamed. I am a soldier in

the army (UK) that is and this aint my job but because i know

more than the people at my unit it now is :( My problem is that

soon i will have to install 20-30 xp corp on all our pc's so i thaught

after seeing this website make 20 copies of unatened and saves

be about 75% of the time the problem is, i have followed the

guide but it still asks me for the key i have 30 keys to use and

ive burned 8 coasters can someone have a look at my file and

let me know if there is a drastic error chears in advance .

Rab a.k.a. The_Flying_Scot

;SetupMgrTag

[Data]    AutoPartition=0

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

AutomaticUpdates=yes

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

UnattendSwitch="yes"

WaitForReboot="No"

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\L\3C\1;Drivers\L\3C\2;Drivers\L\BR\1;Drivers\L\BR\2;Drivers\L\BU\1;Drivers\L\BU\2;Drivers\L\BU\3;Drivers\L\D\1;Drivers\L\D\2;Drivers\L\D\3;Drivers\L\D\4;Drivers\L\D\5;Drivers\L\D\5;Drivers\L\I;Drivers\L\L\1;Drivers\L\L\2;Drivers\L\L\3;Drivers\L\L\4;Drivers\L\L\5;Drivers\L\L\6;Drivers\L\L\7;Drivers\L\L\8;Drivers\L\L\9;Drivers\L\L\0;Drivers\L\LI\1;Drivers\L\LI\2;Drivers\L\LI\3;Drivers\L\LI\4;Drivers\L\LI\5;Drivers\L\LI\6;Drivers\L\LI\7;Drivers\L\M;Drivers\L\N\1;Drivers\L\N\1;Drivers\L\N\2;Drivers\L\N\3;Drivers\L\N\4;Drivers\L\N\5;Drivers\L\N\6;Drivers\L\N\7;Drivers\L\NV;Drivers\L\O\1;Drivers\L\O\2;Drivers\L\O\3;Drivers\L\O\4;Drivers\L\O\5;Drivers\L\O\6;Drivers\L\O\7;Drivers\L\O\8;Drivers\L\O\9;Drivers\L\O\10;Drivers\L\O\11;Drivers\L\R\1;Drivers\L\R\2;Drivers\L\R\3; Drivers\L\S;Drivers\L\V\1;Drivers\L\V\2;Drivers\L\V\3;Drivers\L\V\4;Drivers\L\V\5;Drivers\L\V\6;Drivers\S\A;Drivers\S\C;Drivers\S\Cr;Drivers\S\Cr\L;Drivers\S\N;Drivers\S\R;Drivers\S\S;Drivers\S\T\A;Drivers\S\T\D;Drivers\S\V\E;Drivers\S\V\V;Drivers\r;Drivers\r\3;Drivers\r\3\6000;Drivers\r\3\7k&8k;Drivers\r\a;Drivers\r\a\6280;Drivers\r\a\6290;Drivers\r\a\67160;Drivers\r\a\671x;Drivers\r\a\6880;Drivers\r\a\6890;Drivers\r\a\68x5;Drivers\r\d;Drivers\r\d\aac;Drivers\r\d\aar1210;Drivers\r\d\i2o;Drivers\r\d\u160;Drivers\r\d\u320;Drivers\r\d\u320r;Drivers\r\l;Drivers\r\m;Drivers\r\h;Drivers\r\h\hpt366;Drivers\r\h\hpt371;Drivers\r\h\hpt374;Drivers\r\hh\hpt3xx;Drivers\r\h\rr182x;Drivers\r\n;Drivers\r\n\eide;Drivers\r\n\sataraid;Drivers\r\n\u320r;Drivers\r\e;Drivers\r\s;Drivers\r\s\megaide;Drivers\r\s\mraid35x;Drivers\r\s\mylex;Drivers\r\s\symmpi;Drivers\r\v;Drivers\r\v\eide;Drivers\r\v\raid;Drivers\r\p;Drivers\r\p\fasttrak;Drivers\r\p\fasttx2k;Drivers\r\p\sx4000;Drivers\r\p\sx6000;Drivers\r\p\ulsata;Drivers\r\p\ultra;Drivers\r\q;Drivers\r\q\12160;Drivers\r\g;Drivers\r\g\3112;Drivers\r\g\3112r;Drivers\r\g\3114;Drivers\r\g\3114r;Drivers\r\g\3124;Drivers\r\g\3124r;Drivers\r\g\649r;Drivers\r\g\680;Drivers\r\g\680r;Drivers\r\5;Drivers\r\5\eide;Drivers\r\5\raid;Drivers\r\w;Drivers\r\w\eide;Drivers\r\w\ideraid;Drivers\r\w\miniport;Drivers\r\w\sataraid;"

FileSystem=*

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=*

EncryptedAdminPassword=NO

AutoLogon=Yes

AutoLogonCount=1

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=85

OemSkipWelcome=1

[userData]

ProductKey=xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

FullName="MOD"

OrgName="MOD"

ComputerName=*

[RegionalSettings]

LanguageGroup=1

SystemLocale=00000809

UserLocale=00000809

InputLocale=0809:00000809

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[Components]

msmsgs=off

msnexplr=off

zonegames=off

I can't see any error about the product key section... Looks the same as mine. In the documentation for winnt.sif in ref.chm, located in the folder support\tools\deploy.cab on the cd they have quotations around the productkey:

ProductKey="xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx"

But I don't have that, and it works for me..... :blink:

You say you have a corp version, and 30 keys to use, but you only need one corp key for all installs... Thats what the corp key is all about.

Are you sure you're using the right media/keys?

Just a thought...

I have the same problem, everything else automates fine but it asks for the XP serial number every time. I have tried with and without quotes but makes no difference. Are some keys blocked because of a licemce restriction or something?

One thing I would suggest to The_Flying_Scot is that you download a copy of MS Virtual PC - its free for 45 days and you can test your installations without making all those coasters - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en .

I would really appreciate any advice on this as it extremely frustrating :angry: . Thanks.

;SetupMgrTag
[Data]
   AutoPartition=0
   MsDosInitiated="0"
   UnattendedInstall="Yes"
   AutomaticUpdates=yes

[Unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended
   OemSkipEula=Yes
   OemPreinstall=Yes
   TargetPath=\WINDOWS
   UnattendSwitch="yes"
   WaitForReboot="No"

This probably isn't the answer, but through my many failures before a few successes some simple (simply stupid) changes made the difference.

Try removing the backslash from your TargetPath=\WINDOWS line.

I've also found that if you're making a bunch of changes because one thing isn't working right, that it's sometimes easier (and in the long run faster) to start with fresh files from scratch. I've had problems that ended up being attributed to bad media as well. Good luck to you!

Well Well big thanks out to ToBe, thanks alot m8.

You were so very correct about the cd key issue.

The key i was using was not for the XP CD's I was

issued, there was an email from M$ that I recieved

this afternoon with the key details. As you said one

key does all I now have a disk that will work for an

unatened setup. Thanks for your help much apreciated.

Regards

Rab a.k.a. The_Flying_Scot

I think I answered my own question. I have a retail version of XP Pro, not the Corporate version. For test purposes, I googled a corporate version key and tried that.

It worked perfectly - so I guess you just have to make sure that you have the correct version and key - makes sense from MS's point of view as unattended installs are presumably intended for commercial deployment rather than home use (I am just very lazy). Such is life I suppose :(

Your having the same exact problem I had yesterday, Make sure your saving that as winnt.sif and not winnt.sif.txt. Go to tools-folder options, Veiw, and make sure the boxes for: Hide Extensions for known file types, And Hide protected operating systemfiles are not checked. Then save your winnt.sif as all files, not txt.

jrzycrim :thumbup pointed this out to me, hover your mouse pointer over your winnt.sif file, If it is showing winnt.sif.txt, theres your prob

Also, do yourself a favor and download MS Virtual Machine from MS downloads. It will save you tons of coasters when tweaking, And download the image maker too from MSFN.org, and get the unattended pdf if you don't have it already

unattended installs are presumably intended for commercial deployment rather than home use

You can make your retail version unattended as well, the only difference is that you'll have to activate it within 30 days of your install (that can also be done unattended).

With some search of this forum I think you'll find ways to save your activation file for later if you use the same computer everytime. ;)