SOLVED: I need hardware support back, is it possible?

NuMcA_gr

I have removed memory stick hardware support, in my EEE but now i need it back. I just received a present, an old Sony Cybershot, which i cannot connect to my pc. Is there a way to re-install it without formating the pc?

THX!

I believe it is not the drivers, since i have downloaded the drivers from sony's site and do not work!

Edited by NuMcA_gr

NuMcA_gr, the other post you replied to may give us an idea of how to attack this problem. I am not surprised that it did not work for you assuming you did the camera driver work. I assume you need to do the Sony Memory Stick work. This may be more work than just starting over. I am of little help since I am running XP x64 and nLite does not have a Sony Memory Stick option under Hardware. I find only two references to Sony in my source folder - one is a jog dial and the other a modem. I suggest you search your original CD for references to Sony, especially .inf files (probably compressed into .IN_). If you can find an .inf file for the Sony Memory Stick, then possibly you can find all the files it references and place these along with the .inf into a folder and then use the Device Manage to install the driver and point to this folder. Please let us know what you learn. If you decide to start over, be sure to install the latest version of nLite, 1.4.9.1. Enjoy, John.

John, THANK YOU for your time and effort!

I know we are pointing to the right way, but i don't know how to get it done. In the previous post, there were many files needed to do the job, many of them without easily-recognized names..

Open SP2.CAB and extract these files:-

iyuv_32.dll

ks.sys

ksproxy.ax

kstvtune.ax

ksuser.dll

kswdmcap.ax

ksxbar.ax

msh263.drv

msyuv.dll

usbvideo.sys

vfwwdm32.dll

vidcap.ax

Open DRIVERS.CAB and extract this file:-

tsbyuv.dll

There is one file I could not find on CD but instead I grabbed it from the \WINDOWS\INF directory on another XP SP2 laptop I owned:-

usbvideo.inf

I don't know were to find ALL the appropriate files for "Sony Memory Stick"... I will be posting any progress made!

NuMcA_gr, if you can find the correct .inf (.IN_), it should contain copy commands for all the files it needs. If you can find a likely .inf, please attach it and we will take a look. I assume in the reference you posted that the .inf contains all the files recommended to copy. Take a look and see if I am correct. Attach it and I'll take a look. Enjoy, John.

SOLUTION FOUND!!

I used the original installation of WinXP on another PC and checked to see, what files were missing from the nlited WinXP.

They are:

C:\WINDOWS\inf

sonypvu1.inf
sonypvu1.pnf

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers

sonypvu1.sys

You can transfer the files from an original WinXp installation to a nlited WinXP installation without format/reinstalling!

THANK you for your time and effort JOHN!!

Edited by NuMcA_gr