[vLite 1.0 Final] Error with created Windows Server 2008 June CTP ISO

MagicAndre1981

Hi,

nuhi. I've created a vLite version from the latest Server Build (June CTP - 6001.16606) after you told me in the Main-vLite Thread, that vLite can handle it too.

Installation is no problem, but I'm not able to remove or install windows components. Take a look at the picture to see the error message:

post-70718-1184752096_thumb.png

I checked the cbs.log, but no I didn't found an error. Also the problem and solutions program doesn't log an error. So I checked the Event Log and found those logs:

filtered_log.xml

Any ideas? :unsure:

André

Edited by MagicAndre1981

Remote Differential Compression is considered mission-critical in the new Beta 3, thus it should not be removed. As you may have noticed, it is installed by default with Server 2008, and not through the Features.

If you do remove it, you'd probably end up with Terminal Services not working at all. So IMO this is not a vLite-related problem. Unless it is added together with Remote Desktop for removal in a future version of vLite i'd advise against toying with it.

Also, it's a good candidate for Vista SP1, because I've heard it will be included in it. Just another one of those things they never finished when Vista went RTM.