Weird AD/DNS Issue

I have a Server configured as the Active Directory Server/DNS/DHCP. Server as far as I can tell works perfectly fine but I can't seem to ping the only workstation I have on the domain (either via IP or PC name). The PC is however on the domain, I'm able to ping the server from the PC, I'm also able to get only without any issues but I just can't ping the PC from the server with is odd. Both the server and the PC are on the same DNS (which is the actual server). The DHCP server (also the actual server) assigned an IP to the PC so what's going on here?

Any ideas? This is a test environment so it hasn't been widely implemented yet?

I have a Server configured as the Active Directory Server/DNS/DHCP. Server as far as I can tell works perfectly fine but I can't seem to ping the only workstation I have on the domain (either via IP or PC name). The PC is however on the domain, I'm able to ping the server from the PC, I'm also able to get only without any issues but I just can't ping the PC from the server with is odd. Both the server and the PC are on the same DNS (which is the actual server). The DHCP server (also the actual server) assigned an IP to the PC so what's going on here?

Any ideas? This is a test environment so it hasn't been widely implemented yet?

Did you check the firewall settings?

even if it says you need to enable firewall when going into the firewall configuration your firewall may be on. If it says this go ahead and click ok then disable the firewall and press ok.

Well, It looks like my production servers are doing the same thing so I'm guessing the ePO policy is what's blocking the ping. Windows firewall is not turned on.

Another interesting discovery I made was that, I can ping the test server by IP address and not by name from a PC that's not on the same domain/dns server. Could this be because the PC and Server are not on the same subnet?

Well, It looks like my production servers are doing the same thing so I'm guessing the ePO policy is what's blocking the ping. Windows firewall is not turned on.

Another interesting discovery I made was that, I can ping the test server by IP address and not by name from a PC that's not on the same domain/dns server. Could this be because the PC and Server are not on the same subnet?

Subnet would only matter if your router could not send information accross different subnets, which doesn't sound like the case

Subnet would only matter if your router could not send information accross different subnets, which doesn't sound like the case

Hmm...So, do you have any idea why it is doing this?