Change Desktop Background

corndale

I copied a jpeg picture in the Windows\Web\Wallpaper folder and want to make it the Desktop Background. I right-clicked on the Desktop and selected Personalize. I then selected Desktop Background. For Picture Location I selected Windows Wallpaper. The picture appears in the window. I selected the picture and clicked OK. However, the picture does not appear as the Desktop Theme. I went through this process a number of times, selecting the same picture, as well as different pictures in the Wallpaper folder, with the same result. I also tried right-clicking on the picture and selecting Set As Desktop Background. This also did not work. For the record, I am able to change the Desktop Theme color. In my search for an answer, I came across another user with the same problem. This person spent considerable time with HP support trying to resolve the problem without success. I wonder if there is something specific regarding certain computers with similiar configurations which causes the Change Desktop Background program not to function correctly, or if this a quirk of Windows Vista Basic. My computer is a Compaq Celeron 3.2G with 512mb running Windows Vista Basic. Is there anyone out there with a similiar configuration who has been successful in changing the wallpaper on the desktop background?