Disabling "shrink to fit" in IE7

CelticWhisper

Hi all,

We're having the notorious "tiny print in Outlook" problem at my company here and we found that the problem can be worked around by saving HTML e-mail messages to the desktop, opening them in IE7, doing a Print Preview, changing "Shrink to Fit" to "100%," and finally printing them.

The key here is the "shrink to fit" bit, obviously. What I'm wondering is if there's any way to set the default from "StF" to "100%" so this issue can be put to rest. I've poked around group policy settings and the registry but didn't see anything that looked like it might correspond to the setting. Of course, I also didn't look in too much detail (only found the fix half an hour ago), so I may well have missed something.

Also, on a semi-related note, it seems that Outlook 2007 does not have the tiny-print problem at all. Anyone know why this is?

Thanks a million, I really appreciate it.

It very well may be because Outlook 2007 doesn't use IE to render or edit html mail (or so I'm told!). Apparently, it is using....... can we hear the applause?.........MS Word!!!!!! Yeah, I was gobsmacked, too. But that may be why you don't see the problem in 2007. I think they made this decision because problems in IE often caused problems in Outlook if it had anything to do with the rendering. That being said, while they managed to get Word to produce code that is somehow readable to and html renderer, it's the last thing I'd choose as an html engine. Sigh.