IE7 Silent Installation (without WGA)

Hi there,

I've a problem. I created an IEAK7 setup of Internet Explorer 7 (so no WGA-validation is required and so I can install it offline). The created setupfile (ie7setup.exe) works in normal mode.

I tried "ie7setup.exe /?" to find out if there exist an silent switch. The result is "/Q". But when I try to execute it in silentmode IE7 is not installed.

What am I doing wrong?

I also tried to create an 7-Zip Executable: Unzipped the content from ie7setup.exe and zipped it with 7-Zip. during the exec-creation I specified "ie7-setup.exe /quiet /norestart". But same result.

I know that I have to reboot after the Installation. But also same result.

Edit:

Ok after I tried it a second time also in normal mode the validation is required. Also I found out, that the silent installation breaks because the validation fails.

BUT: I worked out another method to install IE7 final silent without WGA-notification. Search in the internet for a method to bypass the validation (my method is to replace one file). After you replaced the file you can create an AutoIt script that simultes a normal IE7 (update.exe!) installation.

Edited by Grinsekatze