I get locked out of windows (welcome screen)

graysky

Darn it... even w/ UPHClean installed, I got locked out again. Here are a series of messages under Event Viewer>System

This time it started after I left it idle for a few hours... the problem started (I'm assuming at 4:24 PM: errorqt2.gif

4:24:15 PM

Application popup: Windows : Other people are logged on to this computer. Restarting Windows might cause them to lose data.

Do you want to continue restarting?

---This happened with the monitor in power savings mode; I did not ask the system to restart at all!

4:24:23 PM

The Event log service was stopped.

4:25:17 PM

Port A is up with 1000 Mbps

The Event log service was started.

Microsoft (R) Windows (R) 5.01. 2600 Service Pack 2 Multiprocessor Free.

4:25:20 PM

The system detected that network adapter \DEVICE\TCPIP_{75D86EC6-11C9-432A-8FB8-B6B6647C8A7B} was disconnected from the network, and the adapter's network configuration has been released. If the network adapter was not disconnected, this may indicate that it has malfunctioned. Please contact your vendor for updated drivers.

4:26:54 PM

The Terminal Services service entered the running state.

The Terminal Services service was successfully sent a start control.

The Network Location Awareness (NLA) service was successfully sent a start control.

The Network Location Awareness (NLA) service entered the running state.

The Windows User Mode Driver Framework service failed to start due to the following error: 
The system cannot find the file specified.

The mrtRate service failed to start due to the following error: 
The system cannot find the file specified.

At this point I forced a restart...

...does any of this make sense to anyone?

• 4 weeks later...
Darn it... even w/ UPHClean installed, I got locked out again.
Ditto, just happened to me again.

Funny thing is, I have a 2nd system and I was able to use Remote Desktop to connect and logon just fine. After connecting through Remote Desktop I clicked Log Off... then I was able to logon to my system without any issues again.. strange..

I have Norton Corp, maybe I will upgrading that...

I'm also going to try the fix listed on the RyanVM site.

Thanks,

Dave

Urg!

I did the logonui trick and that didn't seem to help at all... so I set it back to the original settings.

Now a couple days later (really ticking me off)... I boot up my system and can logon just fine, but if I lock the system or it locks from the screen saver, it will not allow logon (Every Time!!!). Besides restarting the system, I have found 1 work around. When the system is at the logon screen, locked and I can't logon... I can go to another system and user Remote Desktop to logon, then I can go back to the actual system and logon with no problems. However... if the system locks again either by me or by the screen saver, I am no longer able to sign on until I use the Remote Desktop trick again...

HELP!!!

So, funny thing... doesn't matter what Antivirus I have, if it is active when my system locks I can't logon again. I have tried Symantec corp, Antivir as well as NOD32...

If I disable the AV... system is able to logon without any issues... seemingly every time (haven't had it fail yet).

What is causing the AV to conflict and not allow logon?!?!

How do I fix this??? I dont want to format...

Thanks