About 'GuiRunOnce' and 'shutdown.exe -r -t 0'

In my 'start.cmd' which i run from GuiRunOnce, then one of the apps i install(NOD32 v2.70.32) will open a wizzard that asks for some user input, and then when i use 'shutdown.exe -r -f -t 60', then the wizzard will just start to show up and then be ended again because of the reboot. I would like to have the reboot done just after the apps was installed and before the shell/explorer opens so i can avoid ending the wizzard prematurilly and just configure the wizzard upon next boot. In the unattended guide then it states that 60 seconds is good to use for the shutdown.exe command, since then the shell is fully loaded and ready for restart, so does this then mean that it isn't good to use 'shutdown.exe -r -t 0' ?

Thank's in advance.

PS: Sorry, i'm a complete newbie into unattended Windows installs...

Martin.

Edit: PPS: I'm of course running NOD32 silently(/silentmode), but it's because that it will ask a couple of questions upon first boot.

Edited by Martin H

Thank you very much for your reply :) (I edited my first post before i had seen your reply.)

Unfortunetly, then then dialog pops up just before the reboot with a shutdown setting of 60 secs.

Thank you very much for your reply, phkninja :) Sorry, i forgot to say that i actually allready was using that command for the two programs i run i.e. 'start /wait <app> <switch>'.

I have come to think about that i just need to find and export the reg keys under 'HKLM\Software\eset', which will define the options that the dialogs will ask me about, so that i can add the NOD32.reg file to my start.cmd, so that NOD32 dosen't need to prompt me anymore :)

I will post back the keys needed when i'm finished for others to benefit from :)

Again, many thank's for the kind help and support guys - I really appreciate it :)

CU, Martin.

Just in case someone else could use the info, then here goes...

I have solved my problem by looking through a bunch of reg keys under the main eset key and then done alittle experimenting...

To bypass the 3 dialogs that NOD32 v2.70.32 displays when windows starts up after an unattended install, then copy/paste the following text and save it as 'nod32.reg' and then add 'regedit /s nod32.reg' as the next line after 'start /wait nentenst.exe /silentmode' in your batch file which is loaded from GuiRunOnce.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eset\Nod\CurrentVersion\Kernel]
"SampleEnable"=dword:00000001
"UnwantedEnabled"=dword:00000000

This will enable 'ThreatSense.Net'(but only for unknown threats and not for anonymus statistical data) and disable detection of unwanted applications. If you want to disable 'ThreatSense.Net', then just set 'SampleEnable' to 'dword:00000000' instead, and if you want to enable detection of unwanted applications, then you set 'UnwantedEnabled' to 'dword:00000001' instead.

Personally, then i also want to automatically have the splash screen disabled, have silent mode enabled and disable the use of the graphical GUI, so i use :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eset\Nod\CurrentVersion\Common]
"SilentMode"=dword:00000001
"GraphicMode"=dword:00000000
"DontShowSplash"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eset\Nod\CurrentVersion\Kernel]
"SampleEnable"=dword:00000001
"UnwantedEnabled"=dword:00000000

CU, Martin.

Edited by Martin H