RIS Help (DHCP problem?)

I'm trying to deploy an image server using RIS. I followed a few set up guides, and am pretty sure I have everything set up correctly. Our DHCP server is separate from our RIS server. The RIS server is a VM completely separated from the DHCP server. I succesfully installed RIS, configured a vanilla image with the RIS tool, and made sure that the server in AD had "Respond to computers requesting service" was checked. I logged into our DHCP server, and authorized the RIS server. For some reason, when I press F12 from the laptop I'm trying to test, it hangs at the "DHCP..../" prompt until it eventually times out and tries to boot the computer from the HDD. I can't seem to figure out why this is happening, and any input will be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to mention, the DHCP server is Windows 2000 Server, and RIS server is a Windows 2003 Ent. Server, and I'm trying to roll out a Windows XP SP2 image. The test laptop is a Dell Latitude D620.

Edited by Chr325is

Have you enabled option 66 and 67 in your DHCP console for the scope (or the whole server)?

Thanks for the reply.

No, I did not have option 66 and 67 enabled in the DHCP console. I enabled it now. Should I add a value to the string value field (i.e. a 1 to enable it?)?

Edited by Chr325is

Ok, I enabled options 66 and 67, set option 66 to the IP address of the server, and option 67 to E:\Images\OSChooser\i386\startrom.com. It still hangs at "DHCP..../". I probably have option 67 set to the wrong thing.

You need to change the option 67 to: OSChooser\I386\Startrom.com

Michael

It still won't work. I think the problem is that I haven't defined a DHCP scope for the server. It seemed kind of strange to me that in all of the howto's I read, nothing was mentioned about creating a scope, but I guess it should be self explanatory.