[AutoIT] Using Outtasight to autohide dialogs/windows

nervster

I have tried every possible way to achieve this (hiding any window/dialog without pressing any key). I've even tried WinSetState(), WinSetTrans(), WinMove() without any successful result. But then I came across Outtasight (which can be found here), which seemed to be working, but just for a while. All you have to do is to add the name (not path) of the executable that you want to autohide and you can add as many as you like. The down side is that the config file (which should've kept track of those added executables) goes crazy after you reopen Outtasight. I've googled, I've searched every forum that I came across but without a result.

I hope there's someone out there that can help me and everyone else who'd like to try AutoIT+Outtasight. Thanks.

I can't recall, I gave up scripting .au3's when I found OuttaSight. You'd have to point WinExists/WinSetState to every window that opens up, which would take some time to script. While using OuttaSight, the whole process is a lot easier. Maybe it works for you.

Edited by nervster

I don't see how it could be much more easier, and if it has features that make OuttaSight easier, it could be scriptable too.

However, if you were using AutoIT only for that particular function, then I suppose there isn't any advantage as to using AutoIT, you'd be better off sticking to OuttaSight.

Personally I run a master script that runs in the background for performing many tasks. ( I use AutoHotKey - born off AutoIT, but easier to use and having more features.)

Edited by [deXter]

OuttaSight's ".cfg" file is so f***able. You take the time to add every app that you'd like to be autohidden, save and exit. Then, as soon as you click the "AutoHide" tab, you'll be able to see the last added app multiplied by the number of added apps (the ".cfg" file doesn't remember every single app you've added, instead it populates the list with your latest added app). This hasn't got much to do with AutoIT, I know, but if one is using AutoIT on his unattended CD, maybe he'd also like to see no dialogs/windows. Some installers support switches, some don't, that's when AutoIT comes in.

but if one is using AutoIT on his unattended CD, maybe he'd also like to see no dialogs/windows

But AutoIT/AutoHotKey can perfectly hide windows. Can you give some example of a particular App that AutoIT or AHK isn't able to hide but OuttaSight can?