Problem with WMI in WinPE - null: Invalid Syntax Error

wright546

I have a test network set up with WDS installed on Windows 2003 server. PXE booting works fine, and I can map network drives without a problem. The problem I'm having is with a custom vb script:

Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\.\root\cimv2")

I get this error: "(null): Invalid syntax" I actually put just that single line into a vbs file by itself and tried to run it, and got the same error.

This is particularly frustrating because it was working up until a couple of days ago, but I have no idea what I may have changed to break it. I've tried restarting the server and the client computer. I've re-made the WinPE boot image several times. I'm stuck. What could be causing the "null: Invalid syntax" error?

Thank you for your time!

Aaron

Hi!

I have actually had problem with PE and WMI, but that was on prior versions of PE, not the new vista PE. Then I fixed it by redoing the whole PE image, but that I can see that u have already done. The only thing I can think of is to run some kind of WMI tool included or downloaded that will work normally within PE. For example, there were both wbemtest.exe in previous versions of PE(xp/2003). Starting this app might just give u a clue if WMI is totally f***ed up or just some wiered thing....

good luck to you....