Mutiboot cd to boot mutiple ISO apps

GordyBoy

Hi all'

This is my first post on MSFN.Anyway my question is how can I put an assortment of applications on one boot CD (they are all in ISO format and are all bootable on there own)i.e Winternals, ERD commander,. and alike.I did make an attempt using Magic ISO,but the final product would not boot.So here I am after several googles and reading five pages on the topic on msfn.So if any body can help me with some suggestions and programs (preferably GUI based) to help me I'd be ever so grateful,

Thanks in advance GB.

follow the multiboot guide here.

basically you need to

extract each iso to a folder of its own, and extract the bootfiles from the iso's placing them in the root of the cd/dvd. then hex edit each boot file to boot the correct directory (like in the multiboot, for winxp the folder info changes from i386 to pro1). Then add a menu like cd shell to allow you to select which to boot

An easier alternative to the above ^ is this:

http://bootcd.narod.ru/index_e.htm

There's no hex editing involved here. All you have to do is extract the ISO and its boot-file (use UltraISO or IsoBuster) and add it to the config file. Check out the FAQs in the site, it has all the instructions.

An even more easier way to make multiboot disks is by using EasyBoot. Unfortunately this program isn't free, but its really easy to use and has a good interface too.

http://www.ezbsystems.com/easyboot/index.html

See how easy it is to add Acronis to your EasyBoot CD:

http://forum.ezbsystems.net/cgi-bin/ikonbo...t=ST;f=1;t=1679

sorry i should have explained. the hex editing is only required if you extract the files into seperate folders. if you extract everything into the root of the disk the no hex editing is required. The problem with this is when different iso's have the same filenames or folder names, it will overwrite the data when you extract them all.

the hex editing is not that difficult (its explained in the tutorial), and is only required to change the bootfile to tell it where the files are now located. The turorial also tells how to add erdcommander etc to the disk without a clash.

the hex edit is required when the files are not on the root of the cd, like the bootfile expects. but if all the files are in the original folder tree, like on the iso, then you dont need to hex edit.

Edited by phkninja

Note:

The method/site phkninja posted above will only work for Windows based BootCDs like BartPE, ERD Commander, Ultimate Boot CD, Windows XP Setup, etc. It won't for linux based BootCDs like Acronis Disk Director, GParted, DSL Linux, SystemRescueCd etc.

• 2 months later...
follow the multiboot guide here.

basically you need to

extract each iso to a folder of its own, and extract the bootfiles from the iso's placing them in the root of the cd/dvd. then hex edit each boot file to boot the correct directory (like in the multiboot, for winxp the folder info changes from i386 to pro1). Then add a menu like cd shell to allow you to select which to boot

I have followed the guide along with unattended guide to cerate the DVD with multiple operating systems and different options.

You really explained it very well and it is simple to understand. But I have a question, after extracting the iso how do we know which files are boot files.

you have to extract the boot files seperately, using a utility like PowerISO (commercial) or BBIE.

Dexter is right, the guide only tells you how to make windows based disks (as it uses CD Shell as the boot loader and menu). If you are confident enough to change from cd shell to isolinux the you can add linux based distros also.