Install NIC after install xp with RIS

Windows XP not install my NIC by default, I was setup xp with ris with no error, but after installition my NIC not installed, only file in $oem$\$1\drivers copy to my hdd with no any change.

what shoud be change for install NIC automatically, or join to domain.

my NIC if Intel PRO/100 VE Network Adapter

Edited by reza-reza-reza

• 4 weeks later...

Several things may have to be done to hook the NIC driver after text setup has completed:

1. Create a NIC folder under $oem$\$1\Drivers called NIC

2. Put the device drivers for the Intel Adapter in the NIC folder

These two steps will get the device driver laid down on the c: partition

Edit the .sif file under \i386\templates

OEMPreInstall=Yes

OemPnpDriversPath=Drivers\nic

To join the domain under [identification] in the .sif file

joindomain=%name of the domain%

DomainAdmin=%Domain Admin Name%

DomainAdminPassword=%Domain Admin Password%

Put your own info between the %'s. NOTE: you cannot use an encrypted password if you plan to join the domain. See MS KB 313818 for more info.

Good luck!

I am also having issues with getting the NIC to Install.

I have 5 different sets of nVidia chipsets with integrated nVidia NIC and PXE. I have not been able to get the RIS install to continue after the "Setup is Starting Windows" message, on any of the systems, even after letting them run for 48 hours at the "Setup is Starting Windows" screen.

I can get the NICs to work for TEXTMODE by installing either nVidia RIS driver v471 or v916 found on the ASUS ftp site. I have followed the nVidia PDF included with the drivers and Microsoft 315279 article, but no success.

The only difference between the nVidia PDF and the above solution is the mention of the Domain piece. This is not discuss in either the vNidia PDF or the Microsoft article. But unfortunatly it also does not seem to resolve the problem.

If I install a 3com NIC and run the Rbfg, I can run the RIS install without issue, however, changing the NIC on all of the nVidia systems, currently is not the desired option.

Does anyone know how to get the nVidia NICs to work correctly with the RIS install?

The chipsets are nForce 1, nForce 2, nForce Professional 2200 with nForce 2050, nForce 410, nForce 570 all are AMD setups.

Any help would be appreciated.